abu dhabi sunshine

life, times...and opinions from Abu Dhabi

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

V-day

Oooh the almighty marketing machine that is V-day is upon us!
How could I let this day slip by without a comment?

I may be a romantic deep deep deep deep down inside, but I'm not a flower, teddy bear, or bling kinda girl. Chocolate I'll take any day of the year, but all that other sappy stuff kinda makes me cringe.

Also, I've never ever really been in a relationship on V-day.
Actually, when I was 16, I was with a guy. He gave me a gold bracelet. I cringed for several reasons. 1: I do not wear yellow gold. 2: I did not wear bracelets. 3: I was on the verge of breaking up with him. I did, 3 days later.

I was also in a relationship last year on V-day, but it was a long distance relationship. So it doesn't really count.

So I'm single again this year and truth be told, I don't really care.
But to all of you die-hard romantics out there, hope you have a great one! But please, oh please, don't get a no-gold-no-bracelet-wearing girl a gold bracelet.

:)

Listening to: Incubus - Drive
Great song, great video!

2 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Blogger nzm said...

teehee!

It reminds me of one of my ex-partners who used to buy me silver brooches all the time.

I don't wear silver, and I don't wear brooches!

They must have been cheap!

Little wonder that we're no longer together!

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger sky said...

Men can be quite dense sometimes can't they nzm?
Thanks for sharing :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home