abu dhabi sunshine

life, times...and opinions from Abu Dhabi

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

a crush?

You know, looking at my posts, I realise I am quite schizophrenic in my writing. One day I'm ditzy, wanting to look like Britney, the next I'm all emotional about a serious issue. I assure you, I am not clinically schizophrenic...(I hope not at least!)

I've been in a really shitty mood the past few days; work stuff. I don't even want to get into it, but it's really bringing me down. I want out, but I don't think that's a possibility right now.

On the upside, I think I have a crush. This is quite momentous, considering it's my first crush since my break-up in August. (Unless you consider a completely fleeting and insane crush on a married hot-hot-hottie, whose baby I used as a mean to gaze into his goooorgeous eyes. He's gone now, so it's safe again:p)

You know, some great scientific minds (ie: the Sex and the City ladies) once said it takes half the time of your relationship to get over the guy. Considering my relationship lasted a year, I should be over this guy in February. Except I think I got over him -fully- over a month back, so yay me!

Back to my crush. It's completely weird. The guy lives in my building. We met in the elevator once, when he (or his friend?) asked me where I got my "Livestrong" and "Make Poverty History" bands. From their accents, I immediately guessed they were Canadians. A piece of my second home, right here in my building!

Anyway, we bumped into each other a couple of times afterwards, exchanged business cards, and he called me once to ask if I could cover their hockey team. Since I am not a sports reporter, and had not yet began my crush at the time, I told him I'd put him in touch with the sports reporter. I emailed him back one day to give him the sports reporter's number, he emailed back saying thanks and "hope to see you again."

Isn't it dumb how girls can read so much into 5 little words? I think that's what triggered the crush.

Anyway, after that email, nothing for a while. Then I saw him walk into the building Saturday morning and surprisingly found myself speeding up the pace to catch the same elevator. We talked, hi hi, bla bla, then he said "See you (insert my name here)"...Well, at least he remembers my name!

This is all very surprising to me because I'm not quite attracted to him, and I don't even know him. I'm not sure what to make of it, but I can safely say that having a crush is a nice feeling, even if nothing comes out of it.

I keep considering getting in touch with him for whatever reason, but given that I've been stealing my friend's copy of "He's Just Not That Into You" while lazying around on the beach, I keep telling myself: he has my number, email, workplace and home address! If he wants to get in touch with me, he can!

Although, when I saw him Saturday morning, it was 9 am, and I was walking into the building, going back home from an early morning interview. Maybe he thought I had spent the night out? At a guy's place??

Hmmm. I know, I'm crazy. But why would I be walking INTO the building at 9 am if I live there?

We girls love to find excuses.

Any suggestions from you wise people?

9 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger Fouad said...

you need someone in your life is what it looks like to me

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger sky said...

Yes maybe I do. I'd rather think of it as "wanting" someone, rather than "needing".

What I need is a distraction from the boredom that is Abu Dhabi. This definitely is a distraction..:)

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger Dubai Sunshine said...

Why was HE walking into the building at 9AM on a Saturday morning? Did you ever think of that?

 
At 12:47 AM, Blogger sky said...

Dubai sunshine, I can always count on you to find the guy's faults..:)

I have wondered why he was walking in at 9 am, but all I figured was that he is an early bird and that indeed, there is a life before 9 am that I don't know of, given that I am only waking up by then.
Who knows!?

Read "la suite"

 
At 3:57 AM, Blogger Dubai Sunshine said...

I wasn't finding faults...I was just making a point: why should HE be the only one wondering why anyone is out so early in the morning?

And anyway, 9AM is only early for you...

 
At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bon, bon, people!

First: Good looking, intelligent women don't NEED people - they can do quite well and be happy on their own. Now, to want someone, that's different, especially when you meet the right person, it makes much better.

Second: Have you thought, miss ADSun, that you could be attracted to this guy once you get to know him. He might have a wonderful mind that will take yours off his crooked nose :)

Finally - so what! He came back at 9am... Did he stay over at a friend's, did he go for a walk on the beach, does he have a girlfriends...pfffff! Give yourself a chance! If you are boothe interested and this develops, you'll find out!

My two cents!

 
At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soory for all the typos... (and missing words). If you need explanation please ask!

 
At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh - I forgot... If You are interested, call him. Don't waste all you time waiting for him to do so, life is too short!

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger sky said...

Thanks Chazoo. I emailed him as you might have read in the "dot dot dot" post above.

What now?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home