abu dhabi sunshine

life, times...and opinions from Abu Dhabi

Saturday, January 21, 2006

resolute

So my resolution about blogging more regularly isn't going down too well. Oops!However, do take note that I am working on the other resolutions I made.


My friend M took the big step and bought herself the GMAT book and in the process bought me the GRE book. I call it my new boyfriend, as it seems I will be hanging out with reading comprehension and quantitative skills for a while. The book looked a little daunting, but M and I met up on Wednesday night to begin the G-Adventure. I took the diagnostic test, scored 18/30 on the verbal part (not bad but certainly abysmal for a "writer"), and scored a laughable 8/28 on the math part. HAHAHA. This coming from the person who scored 18/20 in math on my French Baccalaureat. HAHAHA.


I used to love math. Math was my stress reliever. You either get math, or you don't. I got it. And when philosophy, history and economics got the best of me, I'd open up a math book and give myself a boost. Nerdy, but effective. Now, I can barely remember how to multiply. My next G-Adventure session should be in a few days, I'm actually looking forward to it. Don't hate me, but I actually like studying..:)


I also dropped by Berlitz the other day to speak to an advisor about taking up German. Well, the lady seems to think I look like a person who can afford 5,000 AED every two months to learn a language. Strange, since I did make it a point to dress in raggedy jeans and flip-flops to downplay my overwhelming wealth. Crazy people...5000!!!??? Besides, the GRE will be taking up my time, I doubt I'll want to study every day of the week, I'm not THAT big a nerd.


I should be going to a Pilates class this evening, in order to keep in line with my resolutions. But I hate doing these things alone, it bores me. None of my friends can make it to Pilates today. ARGH! We'll see.


It's cold in Abu Dhabi today. I'm wearing two layers (that's enormous by our standards) and the windows are closed, but the sky is covered outside my window and I wish we'd get a few drops of rain so we can officially call this winter. But nature won't let up just yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home