abu dhabi sunshine

life, times...and opinions from Abu Dhabi

Saturday, February 11, 2006

perspective

I was so angry about something that happened at work this afternoon. My hands were trembling, and I just wanted to break something.

Around 3 pm, I had an interview to do. I met with an inspirational young woman. She's just 18, she sings and writes songs. At the age of 14, she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Two surgeries, four chemotherapy sessions and a pulmonary embolism later, her tumour was removed; it weighed about 7 kilos.

And there she was, sitting across from me, so cheerful, so happy, so cute. I came back home, and I swear, I could not remember what I was angry about in the first place.

Check her out. www.naree.co.uk
She'll be performing at the Terry Fox Run in Abu Dhabi this coming Friday.


Listening to: Andain - Beautiful Things (Gabriel & Dresden mix)
Quite a fitting song for the post I just wrote.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home