abu dhabi sunshine

life, times...and opinions from Abu Dhabi

Monday, February 06, 2006

me-time

It's 1'30 am and I am wide awake for some reason, even though I didn't get a very good night's sleep last night. I just came back from a night out, and boy is it hard to find one decent looking man in Abu Dhabi...hot man count: ZERO

I had a bit of a shitty night last night, the whole work issue was really getting to me and I just couldn't focus or get motivated. I asked for a few days off this morning, and so I am off until Saturday. I kinda feel guilty, but I guess being relaxed and focused is more important in the end.

As far as the HK crush is concerned, well I emailed him on Saturday morning, in reply to his "dot dot dot" email. I was quite direct, saying : Coffee sounds great, let me know when.

I know he got my email since I have read receipts sent to me from my work email. But he has yet to reply. I find it a little strange considering his replies have usually been fast. Oh well...who knows. We'll see what comes out of it.

I'm really hoping to take the next few days to do "me-things" like sleeping, shopping, beaching and all. I haven't had a vacation since August, and once again, a feeling of non-excitement and boredom is coming over me. I went out to a coffee shop for breakfast this morning, on my own, then hooked up with some friends at the beach, and ended up going out for a couple of drinks...and even if it doesn't seem like much, it felt nice to not have to worry about going to work in the morning.

Sometimes I wonder if I really do want to work my whole life...and when I don't work, I go nuts if I have nothing to do. On that note, I'm going to sleep on those thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home