abu dhabi sunshine

life, times...and opinions from Abu Dhabi

Thursday, February 16, 2006

life in reverse

Damn the sun was strong today!! The met office seems to be a little off since they predicted strong winds and bad weather starting today...but I had none of it and sat in the sun all day long. I am now burnt to a crisp.

As the sun worked its wonders, a couple of friends and I were discussing something random when my very wise friend M said: Life should be backwards. We should be born old and grow younger.

Her point was, what's the point of having so much money when you're older, when you can no longer travel like you did when you were 25? Or for that matter, do anything like you could when you were 25?

In true blonde style I said: Seriously...who cares if we're cute when we're babies, who's gonna hit on us then? (in reference to the backwards-life theory, whereby we'd get more youthful looking and therefore more attractive as we grow old, and be born old and wrinkly, as no one cares what we look like then.)

Yes I know, I'm very wise sometimes.

Anyway, I thought M's point was funny, and quite interesting. Life does work in mysterious ways, but really, come to think of it, why the wealth and knowledge and wisdom only when you get too old to live life to the fullest?

Listening to: U2 - One
Oh Larry Mullen how I love you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home