abu dhabi sunshine

life, times...and opinions from Abu Dhabi

Thursday, February 16, 2006

celeb sightings

Lack of personality and creativity sometimes lead to stealing other people's ideas. For this post, I will be stealing my sister's idea.

Have you ever met anyone famous?
I have. Here are my stories. :)

My biggest celebrity encounter by far was with Ben. My Ben. Ben my love. Ben Affleck. Oh how I love Ben. I've had an unhealthy crush on Ben for a long long time. And there I was one summer in Montreal, at club Living, minding my own business, chatting with a friend of mine by the main entrance. I see this really tall guy walk in, I take a look and think to myself, wow this guy looks like Ben. I fixated on him for 30 seconds, and then just went back to my business, thinking I could never be so lucky. Also, the Ben look-alike was wearing a plaid shirt...I thought to myself: Ben would never wear plaid.


Within 3 mins, my friend runs up to me telling me: BEN IS HERE!! I'm not sure what posessed me, but within a split second, I was off to the middle of the dancefloor where Ben was surrounded by a bunch of girls. The tall guy in the plaid shirt was indeed my Ben. I walked straight up to him, held his hands, and said: "I knew it was you at the door. I love you bla bla bla." He looked at me like I was completely nuts. I kissed him on both cheeks and walked away. My friends did not want to know me for the rest of the evening. But I could not care less!!

My other brush with celebs also came in Montreal. We were at Tokyo club with a friend, when this guy starts chatting my friend up. That guy's friend comes near us and starts talking to us. The first guy goes: "hey, this is Cody from
Student Bodies."

Now, anyone who lived in Canada and watched bad tv once in a while would remember Student Bodies as a really cheesy Canadian sitcom. And indeed, the guy was Jamie Elman, best known as Cody from Student Bodies. We ended up going for pizza after the club, and then ended up at the first guy's appartment playing Ouiji board all night with Cody and his friend, trying very hard to convince them that spirits do indeed exist. We left at 6 am, thinking for sure those guys must have thought we were completely nuts.

Otherwise I've met the Gyspy Kings in Abu Dhabi, DJ Sasha (love him!) and The Tea Party gang. I've seen Beau Bridges in a Montreal restaurant. I also bumped into Lisa Bonnet on Crescent street in Montreal, best known as Denise, the Cosby daughter on the Cosby Show, or Lenny Kravitz's ex-wife. I also saw rock band Korn at the Hard Rock Cafe in Montreal, and despite their slightly scary appearances, they looked really friendly! Oh, and I shook Ricky Martin's very sweaty hand while I was front row at his concert!! I know, I'm lame.

I can't think of anymore right now, but I'm sure I've seen others, as Montreal was quite the celeb friendly city.

So who have you guys met, kissed, or scared off?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home