abu dhabi sunshine

life, times...and opinions from Abu Dhabi

Thursday, June 29, 2006

...shake shake the room

Once again last night, I blamed the noises in my room on my complete paranoia.

The walls crackled, my door crackled several times...I jumped from my comfortable late night TV watching thinking someone was attempting to infiltrate my bedroom at 1 am. But to my knowledge, everyone in the house was asleep.

So I now know I'm not crazy, they were tremors. And I never thought I'd live to tell that I felt tremors from an earthquake.

I always worry about buildings crumbling, especially out here. Tremors in the UAE are more and more common these days...creepy! Our infrastructure is surely not sturdy enough.

Did anyone else feel it?

8 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Blogger Dubai Sunshine said...

Whaaaat?
I did not feel a thing!
That is so weird!

 
At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm.. I think your crazy - go back to the paranoia theory!

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Seabee said...

It seems there were tremors from a quake in Iran, you're not crazy ;-)

I can't tell the difference between them and the constant tremors from drilling & piling going on all around me.

 
At 1:03 AM, Blogger moryarti said...

My wife woke me up when it happened. We also found out today that half of the building residents went downstairs last night. I was sound asleep :)

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger raed said...

hmmm... i read it in the news, but didn't feel anything. I never felt any tremors from an earthquake before. (yimkin la2anno mahzooz khil2a ana :)

 
At 1:54 AM, Blogger Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

Scary! I experienced that once in Pakistan. Freaked my swedish blood out I tell ya. We never have anything like that here. Infact very little happens in this elongated land...(perhaps thats a good thing at times)

Take care!

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger KJ said...

no, did not realise a thing, bcoz i am dead to the world when my head hits the pillow.

But i have experienced heavy tremors in bombay when there was an earthquale in Latur (India), which is actuallu ard 450 kms away from bombay. it was scary.

KJ

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Mise said...

lol...It was funny that you got your confirmation from my local newspaper ...known in Cork as 'de paper'...and Cork people are never wrong! :-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home