abu dhabi sunshine

life, times...and opinions from Abu Dhabi

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

surfacing

I may be finally emerging from under the dark cloud...it's been an emotional and difficult few days, for no particular reason whatsoever. I guess sometimes, things add up, and you just can't keep up a front anymore.

On the other hand, I guess my immune system's been shot by the stress I've been feeling, as I now have a cold! Nooooo! The last time I had a major cold was last October. I'd broken up with my boyfriend a couple of months before and was still getting over it...For some reason, the really hard part came in October; I was so sick even my dad felt sorry for me. I cried every tear that I'd stocked up in my body. Weird things came out of my nose and throat...I was in a complete daze for a week. I really think it was my body purging itself from all the feelings I'd had pent up.

I really believe in the powers of emotions wrecking havoc on your body...

Anyway, I've taken the day off work today...I'm not that sick, just didn't feel like going to the office, plus it'll give me a long weekend of sorts...

Things with the guy that's been messing with my head have calmed down as well...through your comments and some thought, I snapped myself back to reality and just told myself I really didn't need to be the victim every time. I know exactly what to expect of him now and I'll go along with it until I feel I am going to get hurt. This by no means implies that I will not get hurt, but I'm fully aware that I can be in control if I really want to. I've been with some absolutely horrible men...this is nothing I can't handle :)

1 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Blogger Jayne said...

Hope you feel better soon hon xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home