abu dhabi sunshine

life, times...and opinions from Abu Dhabi

Saturday, May 13, 2006

hatin'

I hate the abundance of neon lights in this city. Everywhere you look, green, red, yellow, pink are flashing around dizzyingly. How could anyone have thought that this actually looks good? I hate that there are hot pink buildings in Abu Dhabi. Everytime I see them, I want to throw up.

I hate that my boss refuses to open up his tiny brain and listen to anything any one of his employees has to say. I hate that I experience momentary lapses of sanity and believe him to be a good guy. I can repeat something to him three times, but he will forget it within five minutes and proceed to get me in trouble.

I hate that I have to tell a colleague to be on time three times a day for an appointment we have, yet he still shows up an hour late. I cannot stand that he has an excuse every single time. It's called time-management.

I hate that my friend doubts everything I say. I hate that I don't have enough confidence in my knowledge. I double-check myself and my facts, and I end up being right. But she doubted me in the first place.

I hate that she criticises a coffee shop that I like, and puts down everything from the curtains to the lights. When I tell her to stop criticising everything and enjoy, she is offended. Had it been the other way round, she wouldn't have tolerated me for 30 seconds.

I hate that all hell can break loose in my family and that the next day, everyone acts as if nothing has happened. Meanwhile, I've gone to the depths of my insanity and back and cried my heart out, but I'm expected to go along with the act.

I hate that my room -my sanctuary- is adjacent to our kitchen. I hate it because our housekeeper has the most annoying, high-pitched voice in the world, and she can never shut up when she's in there. It doesn't matter that I'm sleeping, trying to work or just hanging out, she won't shut up.

I really hate hating everything. Just one of them days...

5 Comments:

At 12:57 AM, Blogger Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

Seriously, the family having a row and then next day acting as if nothing happened is a classic. A book has to be written about it, 3anjad.

How about a big hug? :)

We all have our days, ey? And the next day, even we move on as if nothing happened. Circle of life, ma haik?

 
At 1:34 AM, Blogger Abha Malpani said...

Eat some ice cream :)

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Lou said...

"Don't think about it today, think about it tomorrow. Afterall, tomorrow is another day"

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger sky said...

SS, wanna help me write that book?
:)

Abha, sometimes it is as simple as needing a tub of ice cream. This time, I may require 4 or 5!

Desert lady, welcome! Love your taste in music videos over on your blog!

 
At 3:00 AM, Blogger Mar said...

A tub of ice cream savored and then 'tubbed' 3ala rass el housekeeper.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home