abu dhabi sunshine

life, times...and opinions from Abu Dhabi

Sunday, April 30, 2006

pieces of me

I'm feeling really restless tonight. All I wanted to do this afternoon after work was get home, slip into bed, and just do absolutely nothing. A half hour into doing nothing, I started feeling antsy.

The past week has been quite a busy one, between work, studying for my GRE, camping and a couple of occasional outings. I also met an out of town guy over the weekend, and it was nice to indulge in a little fling after so long.

I love the feeling of meeting a guy and sharing an experience with him, no matter how insignificant it is. Any feminists reading will want to crucify me for saying this, but the rush of meeting someone, even if it's just about an attraction, is just fun. I rarely experience that here, not because I'm picky, but because interesting people are really hard to find.

I'd hate to think my current melancholic state is only related to this, but I do think it plays a big role.


This feeling hits me once in a while, and I wallow in it for a day or two. I ask myself a million questions, I reminisce on days gone by, I wonder if my life was ever full enough that I never felt this way.

Probably not. But since I've been back to Abu Dhabi, I feel it more and more. Every few months, things build up and I seem to be having a great time. But then it all dies down, and I'm back to feeling like I'm merely existing, not living.

Maybe I'm just tired. I pull an all nighter one night and I need a week to recover; I feel old. I know it's a dumb thing to say at my age, but I do. Re-reading this post, I realise that my thoughts are disconnected, kinda all over the place. It'll all pull itself together eventually, and writing generally helps the piecing-my-life-together process.

7 Comments:

At 11:11 PM, Blogger nzm said...

Hey Sky - hate to be the one to break it to you - but that's life, and that's all part of being human!

The most important lesson that I've learned - is just to be.

Just be with your feelings - acknowledge them for what they are. They don't have to control you, they don't have control over you - you invite them to be with you.

You're in charge!

Just be.

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger nzm said...

And if that doesn't work - torment your bro and sis!

lol

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Jayne said...

It is LIFE hon & as such, it can be a bumpy ride sometimes. nzm puts it very well, cos ultimately YOU are the one in charge.
If tormenting your siblings doesn't help......well......there's always the cat! LOL

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger 100hands said...

Pledge your grievance to the flag!

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Dubai Sunshine said...

Hey! I don't want to be tormented! What is this about tormenting siblings?

No one ever consulted me about this!

 
At 1:23 AM, Blogger nzm said...

DS - there's a difference in talking about you and not to you! lol

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger sky said...

Thanks girls.
DS, shut up :p

100hands, welcome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home