abu dhabi sunshine

life, times...and opinions from Abu Dhabi

Monday, June 26, 2006

retreat

Definitely not TBTB...quite the contrary, summer is upon us and the grueling heat has made me almost lethargic. Work is slowing down, friends have escaped the heat for a few days...and I feel like I've retreated into a little world of my own.

It can be a little boring at times, but I do somewhat enjoy this slowing down in pace. And I've had this thirst for reading, music and movies that hadn't hit me for a while.

I've gone from reading a book about trashy tabloid journalism to Jean Paul Sartre's 'Nausea', I've watched countless episodes of Sex and the City and the very moving documentary 'Born into Brothels', I've downloaded all kinds of music...I guess I needed to fill my mind and soul with things other than men, work, and the bloody heat.

And of course, I've been following the World Cup as religiously as a girl can. I've been in my Italian jersey all day and while I'm ecstatic at their 1-0 win over Australia, I do feel bad for the Aussies. They played a great game, and had me shaking in my boots at the thought of Italy being eliminated.

And just because I will never really be that spiritual and non-shallow...:) Feast your eyes on this beautiful man.

(Luca Toni)

3 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Blogger Dubai Sunshine said...

Hehe...
Now that Freddie is out of the picture, the next best thing in the World Cup is the majority of the Italian team :) Hey...at least they know that if this football thing doesn't work out, they can always rely on modelling!!

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger raed said...

ya... i'm sure they're more into modeling than football :)

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger moryarti said...

You make me feel bad AD Sunshine .. i've only managed to watch 2 games only

 

Post a Comment

<< Home