abu dhabi sunshine

life, times...and opinions from Abu Dhabi

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Khaleeji charm

I love this man. I've never had a crush on an Arab celebrity, so Rashed Al Majid is my first.
I love his voice, I love his songs, I love him.


The other night I was flipping through the channels and the Dubai channel had one of his concerts on...I watched and listened completely smitten, and eventually dozed off into a very peaceful sleep. This man's got charm.

The first Rashed Al Majid song I heard was "Ya Habibi" back in 2001. My brother, ever the Khaleeji (Gulf) music lover, introduced me to him, and I remember dancing to it with him, twirling a cane (3asay) around. True, we're not very good Khaleeji dancers, but we try!

Other songs I love are Waily (wow), Meshkalny, Al 3youn, and a recent one I've heard but of which I don't know the name. It goes: "Jani habibi min ba3d ghebat sneen, ygoul ysameh..."
Anyone know the name?

2 Comments:

At 7:24 PM, Blogger Mar said...

There's also thing song of his about missing. It's slower than all his other songs. Mishta'lak? something like that. Maybe you know?

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger sky said...

mar, the name sounds familiar but I'm not too sure.
I'll have to download a bunch and see if I can find a match. Which definitely isn't a bad chore :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home