abu dhabi sunshine

life, times...and opinions from Abu Dhabi

Monday, March 27, 2006

MEN!!!

Excerpt of a conversation between my former-crush-M and I earlier today, which started off based on an 'incident' that happened yesterday where he said something and went back on his word, all in a bid to get me interested in what he does. He hates to be analysed apparently, something I do day in and day out with everyone. So it turned into a conversation about the "let's date" scenario from over a month ago.

bla bla bla...

Me: "I said that you liked the attention that comes with saying something, making me think about it, and going back on your word. And I said that in reference to something else you've done before, which as far as I'm concerned was a joke, but didn't seem like it at the time. And I know you know what I'm talking about, so don't play stupid."

M: "Well, it was kind of a joke, and actually, you started to act in a very weird way after that..."

Me: "How?"

M: "Dunno, just the way you acted."

Me: "Ok, like how?"

M: "I can't remember now, it was just the way you acted. I felt you took it more seriously."

Me: "I didn't take it more seriously, I just considered it. And when someone shows interest, people usually consider it, no?"

M: "Well yeah, but we were laughing when we talked about it. Besides, we're friends, it would be weird."

Me: "M, I never brought this up, you did. And I know a joke from something a little more serious. And I'm the one who had said we were friends and it would be weird, not you."

(...)

M: "I didn't show interest. I only said if you weren't dating anyone in a month, I'll go out with you. Is that interest?"

Me: "See, you're reacting in a typical guy way. You got freaked out because I considered it."

M: "No I didn't."

Me: "And I don't see why you think I took it more seriously, since I clearly told you I was not looking for a relationship. "

(...)

Me: "My point is, it's been a month. Should we date?"

M: "hehe..."

Me: "Answer, I'm just trying to make a point."

M: "I don't think we should date. Is that your point?"

Me: "Yes my point is exactly that. You said something and went back on your word."

M: "Ok, as you like."

(...)

Me: "Anyway, I said all that and asked all of this just to make a point, and for you not to think that I just analyse you and others for nothing."

M: "Cool, so things won't be weird now? You and me?"

Me: "Why would it be weird? I was never interested in the first place M."

M: "Ok, are we cool now?"

Me: "Sure. We were always cool."

bla bla bla...


ARGH! Men are such pussies sometimes, and more importantly, so bloody annoying.
Is it wrong that I still find him attractive? :)

8 Comments:

At 1:32 AM, Blogger Mar said...

No it's not bad. Dignity- reclaiming comes into play that's all, I think.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger * said...

I cannot believe I have missed out on your blog for so long. But I am so glad I came.
*pours a cup of tea and asks sky- would you like milk and sugar with yours?*
So, here we are with our first cup of tea.
I have to tell you this having been in a similar position a hundred years ago.
The guy is just yanking your chain and getting off on your crush.
This time round you played a bad hand.You showed what you were holding, and he is now calling your bluff.
There are very few (read gay) MEN, who don't know when a woman is interested in them in a certain way (likewise with women.
We being women tend to give it away more with our eyes and body language. They know they pick up the vibes. Now he may find you attractive and definately want to just get cosy, but he is also somewhat decent enough to admit that, such an activity would be disastrous as he would lose the current relationship he has with you. Which does say a bit about him.
But at the end of the day he is a man, and I suspect he may want to just because you are a woman, but not because of whom "you" are.
Ummm did I say that right?

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger adevents said...

I think the guy do want to date you but for some reason he is hesitating are u both office collages or something

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Dubai Sunshine said...

If you were never interested in the first place, then why did you bring it up with him :p

Anyway, I think you just like having the last word....You did not like the fact that he said "let's date in a month" or whatever, and then did not act on it. So you had to tell him off for backing out. That's all.

And I think you can do better than him.

 
At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm... Soit il se la pete, soit il se rend pas compte de ce qu'il a devant lui !

Dans les deux cas, laisse tomber.

Just stay friends ;)

Bisous,

Siss

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger sky said...

Thanks for your support guys! And mar, kaya and adevents, welcome!

DS, your "you can do better" comment was of course expected, et Sissy, je suis sure qu'il se rend pas compte de ce qu'il a devant lui!..:) (je rigoooole!)

Anyway, as kaya said, very few men don't realise that a woman is interested, and he OF COURSE knows I am.

This is all in the past now and things have been completely normal between us since that conversation. When I said I wasn't interested, I meant emotionally. And really, emotionally, I couldn't care less. Sometimes attraction can play tricks on a 'friendship,' and I think that's what's happening in this case.

And I really believe he thinks I'm going to fall in love with him if we start dating, hence his "you took it seriously" comment.

Ah...some men are just clueless. Yes, women can fall easily and yes women are emotional and bla bla bla, but come on...after one too many bitter break-ups, a woman learns how to hold back her feelings, if there even were any to begin with!

:)

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger sky said...

Oh and kaya, looking forward to more cups o' tea!
:)
(milk and lots of sugar for me please!)

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger sky said...

Oh and adevents, I didn't purposely ignore your question.
No, we are not colleagues ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home