abu dhabi sunshine

life, times...and opinions from Abu Dhabi

Sunday, March 05, 2006

will ADS get her groove back?

Warning: I'm about to be a complete girl and whine about a guy. (You have been warned)

Well, to sum everything up, I feel like I've lost my groove.

I used to have a groove, used to be very straightforward, and went for whatever it is I wanted when it came to guys (except of course when I really really liked a guy, then I'd just become a dumb girl again.)

I've had another crush lately, M. I've known him for a few months, but never really thought of him that way, until now.

A few weeks ago we were having coffee and this is how the conversation went.

M: "So when are you going to find yourself a boyfriend?"
ADS: "Um, excuse me? I'm not looking for a boyfriend. Why?"
M: "Ok here's what...if in a month, you aren't dating anyone, we start to date, casually."
ADS: "Um, ok, why?"
M: "Come on, we can try it out."
ADS: "But things might get weird."
M: "No no, they won't." (pulls out his phone and mockingly puts a reminder in his calendar to start dating me on March 18.)

Anyway. Since then, I've considered the idea and realised that yes, I would like to date him casually. In fact, I find him extremely attractive now. And, I am not looking for a relationship, so the word casual calmed my fears.

There was some heavy flirting via sms a week or so after that, at which point we definitely went beyond proper 'friend' etiquette.

And since then...almost nothing. There's a little flirting here and there, but it stops there.
We were out the other night and he made a chauvinistic comment to which I replied: "Hey watch out. If you still want that date, it's not gonna happen if you say things like that." To which he replied with a smirk: "Huh? What date?"

I've dropped a few obvious hints since then, and it's clear he enjoys my company...but why have things not yet developped? More importantly, why do I feel like they've gone backwards?

In light of the now-defunct HK crush and this M-crush seemingly going nowhere, I definitely feel like I've lost my groove.

SOS!

Listening to: Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing

5 Comments:

At 4:22 AM, Blogger Fouad said...

You haven't lost your groove. I'd travel oversees to have a date with you.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Jayne said...

Don't waste your time on this guy darlin' cos he sounds like he's just out to play the field. He threw the bait & you bit, so in his tiny mind he 'scored'. Hang in there hon, cos the right guy will come along when you least expect it. Just read thru all of your blogs & they're great. As soon as I can figure out how to do the link thingy, I'll add you!

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger sky said...

Fouad the charmer is working overtime I see...:)
And also...shock and horror to see a spelling mistake from you! :p

Hi Jin!
I'm a regular "Jayne with a Why" reader. Your blog name definitely caught me eye; love it!

As of last night I decided to forget that guy. It's pissing me off more than anything, and I definitely don't need that! Khalas..:)

I also have a hard time with all things technical with this blog, so I haven't linked any of my favourite reads. But you guys know who you are!

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Dubai Sunshine said...

I'll help you out this weekend. Not with the guy thing (God knows I am the one who needs help in that department). The link thing.

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Fouad said...

yikes. overseas. woopsiii :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home