abu dhabi sunshine

life, times...and opinions from Abu Dhabi

Friday, December 09, 2005

2-5

So here it is...the big 2-5.
Happy birthday to me.

I do feel older, and not just because it's my birthday. I miss a night's sleep and need a week to recover, I procrastinate about work and feel guilty, I look for my strengths and tend to zero in on the weaknesses, I see the people that surround me but only feel for those who are worth it, I look at my lady lumps and see gravity taking its toll, I see love and wonder if it will happen.

25 kinda scares me, although I look forward to my 30s. I tend to make my resolutions on my birthday, not on new year's day. Not sure what they will be this year, and who knows if I'll ever stick to them.

Someone told me today how lucky I am to have the friends and family I have. I am. The usual rough times are there, sometimes too often, but if you've got one person who truly loves you, it should be enough. I've got more than that, and that's more than enough (or so I'm in the process of convinving myself.)

The big 2-5 is also turning me into a sappy blogger, so I'll stop!

5 Comments:

At 1:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!! All the best !!
hugs & kisses

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger Fouad said...

lek alf sineh inshallah :)
Happy birthday, pretty woman, sexy voice :)

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Dubai Sunshine said...

You've always been sappy, birthday or not!

Happy birthday once again Shrimpette!

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Dubai Sunshine said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger sky said...

Thanks Cynthia, Fouad and Tam
:)


(fouad, your comment may lead people to believe I am a call girl. :) I will call you the 'best blogger in the world, Saeed voice'
figure it out..:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home