abu dhabi sunshine

life, times...and opinions from Abu Dhabi

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Jeff

Jeff Buckley at night...the combination can take you to the deepest parts of your memory and emotions with just a few notes in the night.

They're emotions you think have faded or even gone away. But how does Jeff Buckley take me straight back to the one night I heard him wail "Grace" on a Montreal rooftop, while "he" slept beneath us. "He" is "the guy who recently broke my heart", mentionned in a previous blog.

Jeff poured his heart out while I poured another beer, and I had no idea of the things to come, the things "he" would make me feel, the things that would hurt me, the things that would amaze me.

Every time I think I'm over it, memories just seep into my soul and objectify in my mind, like weights that just won't let me move on and forget him. I guess it's all in the name of the break-up game.

I know he'll become my past and I'll look back on it all with a smile and a hint of sadness. But meanwhile, Jeff might heal some of the wounds as I pour the memories out of my heart through his wails.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home